Whether you’re driving home for Christmas to see family, or heading out to glitzy parties to see old friends over the festive period, no doubt you’ll want to look your best. With these top seven Christmas beauty tips you’ll be looking gorgeous for those under-the-mistletoe moments.
- Party Make-Up– Party make-up has to be right if you want to look beautiful at Christmas. The key to looking great for your Christmas party is to put on your eye shadow first. Then apply your foundation and any other make-up you want to wear. This way you know that any loose eye shadow won’t fall in those places you don’t want it.
- Simple Up ‘Do– Christmas is such a frantic time that it can be difficult to find the energy to fuss over hair styles. Yet if you want to look fantastic then one of the best beauty tips you can master is the art of simple hairdos. If you want to put your hair up, try twisting one section from the front of your hair; once twisted pin into place at the back of your head. Repeat with the other side. Then take the remainder of your hair and tie a messy bun. This look is elegant, simple and more importantly quick.
- Glittery Lips– Nothing says Christmas like glitter, and slathering some sparkly goodness on your pout will definitely bring you some Christmas cheer this year. To master the look, line your lips with a light coloured lip pencil and add foundation to the corners of your mouth. Then apply a creamy lipstick using a lip brush before using a flat brush to add on your glitter. You can finish with a gloss. To glam up your lips even more add some clear lip gloss. The one thing to bear in mind if you’re considering having glittery lips for a Christmas do is that drinking, eating and kissing may be off limits; so weigh up your priorities before donning a glitter pout.
- Combat Alcohol– Although you may like sipping a tasty mojito or cosmopolitan, your skin doesn’t. Alcohol dehydrates you and can leave your skin dry, grey and dull. To make sure your skin glows despite the endless flow of alcohol over the festive period your moisturiser won’t be enough. Instead invest in some cleansing milks that contain hyaluronic acid.
- Tired Eyes– All those nights partying to Mariah Carey and Wham! is bound to leave even young eyes looking tired. To make sure you stay looking bright and alert over Christmas give yourself a little eye massage to get rid of puffy eyes. Begin at the corner of one of your eyes and work your way up, between your brow bone and your eye, rubbing as you go until you reach the outer edge of your eye. Repeat along your lower lash line. Also, be careful about where you apply your blusher as applying it too high can make you look tired. You could also use this Jade Roller to complement your routine.
- Flat Stomach– For most of us, a flat, washboard stomach is like the elixir of life – a distant, priceless dream that will never become a reality. Yet we have a few tricks that might make that flat tummy achievable. Firstly, try taking peppermint capsules or aloe vera juice. Each do a fantastic job in supporting the digestive system and both can help you achieve a flat stomach by preventing bloating. So that you can look amazing in your Christmas outfit, you can also cut out certain foods that can cause excessive gas and bloating. Try to limit things that contain refined sugar, or fermented products like cheese and alcohol.
- Have A Great Time– We’re about to reveal one of the best beauty Christmas tips of all time, so sit comfortably and listen up. Here it is: enjoy yourself. It sounds so simple, but whatever you’re up to this Christmas, make sure you spend time with people you like and spend at least some time with people who make you feel good about yourself. Having a great time is the perfect beauty treatment because when you’re having a great time it shows: your skin glows, your eyes brighten and everyone warms to you and wants to spend time with you.
This article was first published on: https://www.realbuzz.com/articles-interests/festive-health-fitness/article/top-7-christmas-beauty-tips/